OUT OF STOCK- SOLD OUT
PLEASE CALL TO BE PLACED ON WAITING LIST
NukAlert-ER™ Geiger counter
The NukAlert-ER™ is a unique ‘Extended Range’ radiation detection instrument. It is a very sensitive Geiger counter that is also able to measure life-threatening radiation levels that are beyond the range of traditional Geiger- based devices. The NukAlert-ER accurately measures radiation over an extraordinary intensity range from 1μR/hr to 700R/hr. with no saturation below 1,000R/hr. It is a very sensitive Geiger counter, high range survey meter and a dosimeter, all in one instrument, with data collection, communications capability and adjustable dose and rate alarms. The NukAlert-ER™ is a new and unique ‘Extended Range’ radiation detection instrument. It is a very sensitive Geiger counter that is also able to measure life-threatening radiation levels that are beyond the range of traditional Geiger- based devices. The NukAlert-ER accurately measures radiation over an extraordinary intensity range from 1µR/hr to 700R/hr with no saturation below 1,000R/hr . It is a very sensitive Geiger counter, high range survey meter and a dosimeter, all in one instrument, with data collection, communications capability and adjustable dose and rate alarms. The ER is manufactured in the US by an American company with more than 15 years’ experience producing radiation detection devices.
Traditional Geiger counters sized for high sensitivity are adequate to measure background radiation levels, but are inherently incapable of measuring the life threatening levels possible from a power plant catastrophe, dirty bomb, Improvised Nuclear Device (IND) or nuclear attack. Unlike the NukAlert-ER™, the “dead time” of traditional Geiger counter circuits cause some sensitive interdiction counters to become inoperative above radiation levels of about 10mR/hr (a level which may be a long term health risk, but is far below immediately life-threatening).
The NukAlert-Extended Range™ Geiger counter uses sophisticated high-voltage control circuitry and performs statistical analysis of the pulses from the Geiger tube to enable radiation measurement over an intensity range from 1 µR/hr to 700R/hr. This technique is referred to as “Time to First Count” in radiation detection textbooks. The result is a single device that can be used as a sensitive Geiger counter, survey meter and dosimeter. Its wide dynamic range facilitates the location of shelter, aids decontamination of people, allows preliminary evaluation of food, and measures windblown fallout from distant sources. Accuracy tested by Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
The NukAlert-ER™ can locate the source of radiation quickly through its numeric readout, audible alert, and bright flashing light to determine if you are in a life threatening situation. The NukAlert-ER helps emergency responders to determine if a scene is safe.
• Will not saturate and give false or no readings in high levels of radiation
• Geiger counter, Survey Meter, and Dosimeter in one instrument
• Excellent linearity over 9 decades of radiation intensity
• Measures Dose rate, Accumulated Dose, Count Rate, and Time Remaining to preset dose
• Audio and visual alarms for Dose rate and Accumulated Dose
• Stores 500 time-stamped measurements at selected intervals in memory
• Periodic wake-up mode allows long term (up to 1 year) monitoring by battery power
• Continuous or stored readings by USB to any computer with free open source software
• Powered by common AA batteries (Alkaline or Rechargeable), or USB cable
• Roentgen or Sievert units
• Back Lighted Display
• Battery Gauge
• Intuitive, easy-to-use menu operation
• System Self-Tests
• USB Port
• USB cord and belt carrying case included
• Windows App included
· Size & Weight: 135mm x 70mm x 25mm, 165g
• Range: 1µR/hr to 700R/hr.
• No saturation below 1000R/hr
• Accuracy tested by Oak Ridge National Laboratory
• Accuracy (Cs137): ± 20%, 1µR/hr through 700R/hr
· Power source: 2ea AA alkaline or NiMH cells, or USB
· Designed to meet ANSI N42.33 specifications
· Battery Life: (2600 mAh Alkaline battery)
o Up to 65hrs at background count rate, 24hrs above 100mR/hr
o Up to 1 year in periodic monitor mode
o Up to 3 years sleep mode
· Data access by: Display, USB.
· Display: 2 line x 16 character backlit LCD
· Environment: -20°C to +65°C, 0 to 95% humidity (noncondensing)
· Pressure Altitude to 0.5 atm
· Geiger system: Active electronic quenching
· High rate system: Time To First Count (TTFC)
· Tube Voltage: Adjustable by software up to 1000V
· Geiger tube: Supplied with LND 7121 Geiger tube, Other tubes available as options
· Compensation: Optional Sn/Cu
· Gamma Sensitivity: 18 counts/sec @ 1mR/hr (10µSv/hr)
· Background: <10 counts/minute (Shielded)
· Beta sensitivity: Through front window above 200KeV
· Rapid, sudden radiation change response time accuracy : 2 seconds at 10mR/hr within ± 25%
· Unlimited over range indication
· One year limited warranty with extended 1 year warranty and calibration service available
• Selectable Rate alarm thresholds:
o µR/hr: 10,20, 25, 30, 50, 100, 200, 250, 300, 500
o mR/hr: 1 , 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100, 200, 250, 300, 500
o R/hr: 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100, 200, 250, 300, 500, 1000
· Selectable Dose alarm thresholds:
o µR: 100,200, 250, 300, 500
o mR: 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100,200, 250, 300, 500
o R/hr: 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100,200, 250, 300
Snooze periods for rate and dose alarms:
5 minutes below 1mR/hr
3 minutes between 1mR/hr and 1R/hr
1 minute 1 R/hr and above
•Both rate and dose alarm sound after their respective threshold is crossed and may be temporarily silenced (snoozed) by pressing the OK button.
•The rate and dose alarms operate independently and concurrently.
• Both rate and dose alarms will resume sounding after the snooze period and may be re-snoozed indefinitely.
Windows App: (included) shows large highly visible numeric radiation level with color-coded hazard level screen, real-time bar graph with numeric radiation levels and audible alarm all on the same screen, raw count screen, web reporting screen, and device history screen with time stamp.
•Can report in ANSI N42.42-2012 format
•72 Hours of scrolling graphical history (left/right draggable) with user selectable Alarm level box
•Auto-Scaling or manual scaling (up/down draggable)
• Real time radiation readings link to web including RadResponder Network and live maps
•High Precision (long-term) raw count totaling and rate calculation (downloadable)
•Manual logging (downloadable)
•Device history- 500 time-stamped events (downloadable)
•Multiple email and text alerts (through web database)
•On-screen visual and audio alarms
Shipping & Returns
• Calculate your shipping at checkout. To see our return policies, please click here.