NuStat Tactical 2 x 36 Hemostatic Dressing is a patented hemostatic dressing designed to stop bleeding in three minutes or less .The 2″ x 36″ size works well to pack a large serious wound, like a gunshot. These injuries can occur during active shooter incidents, hunting accidents, or explosions. Works faster than QuickClot gauze. In use by law enforcement, military, EMS, firemen, and ER doctors. These pads are widely used in the field by police and military organizations.
GSA Contract GS07F261AA
NuStat Tactical Long Description:
NuStat Tactical. Hemafiber Technology™ is a patented blend of highly effective, non-impregnated, cellulose and silica-based hemostatic fibers. The specialty fibers are knitted together to form a flexible dressing that conforms to wounds, absorbs blood, and allows for compression at the injury site. NuStat’s multimodal mechanism of action, focuses on all aspects of hemostasis, as it works with the body’s natural clotting process to facilitate rapid, effective hemostasis without the use of additives or impregnated particles.
The cellulose component binds red blood cells together and absorbs excess fluid as it stems excess blood flow from the injury site. This absorption acts to concentrate the cellular and molecular mechanisms needed for effective hemostasis.
The silica component works simultaneously to promote platelet activation and attachment at the wound site. This well-known phenomenon is known as the “glass effect” and locally enhances the body’s normal platelet activation response, which helps accelerates the body’s natural formation of the platelet plug. In addition to increasing the rate of platelet activation and attachment, the silica component works to speed the initiation of the molecular mechanism of hemostasis through the activation of Factor XII, which initiates the intrinsic coagulation cascade.
NuStat Tactical Short Description:
NuStat Tactical is a non-coated, non-impregnated hemostatic dressing, powered by patented Hemafiber TechnologyR. The silica and cellulose fibers work synergistically with the body’s natural clotting process to facilitate rapid, effective hemostasis to develop a natural platelet plug. Contains no latex, animal proteins or biologics.
Indications for Use
NuStat is a single-use hemostatic wound dressing applied externally with mechanical compression to temporarily control bleeding in lacerations, punctures, abrasions, surgical wounds (operative, postoperative, dermatological, etc.) and traumatic injuries.
Benefits of NuStat Tactical
- NuStat is a non-impregnated / non-coated hemostatic dressing.
- Active hemostatic agents are spun into a yarn, then used to create our hemostatic fabric.
- Clots faster than QuickClot® Combat dressing.
- Available in 4″ x 4″, 2″ x 36″ and 8″ x 12″ sizes.
Biocompatible and Safe
- NuStat has passed all Cytotoxicity, Hemolysis, Pryogen Response, Toxicity, Systematic Toxicity and Dermal Sensitivity testing.
Effective when wet.
- ROTEM studies show that our product successfully produces a platelet clot in the presence of 70% NACL and 30% Whole Blood.
- Will work when it’s wet!
- NuStat does not require irrigation when removed from the wound.
NuStat Tactical Hemostatic Dressing 2×36 inch
- A safe, effective hemostatic dressing
- Ideally suited for penetrating trauma wounds
- Narrow dressing width allows for easy, rapid application
- Its comprehensive matrix of hemostatic clotting fibers work synergistically to accelerate clot formation
- Hemostasis maintained with stable clot formation1,2
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
Rx: NuStat is a single-use hemostatic wound dressing applied externally with mechanical compression to temporarily control bleeding in lacerations, punctures, abrasions, surgical wounds (operative, postoperative, dermatological, etc.) and traumatic injuries.
NuStat is indicated to temporarily control bleeding in minor cuts, lacerations, punctures, abrasions and incisions.
Shipping & Returns
- Calculate your shipping at checkout. Hemostatic dressings are non-returnable once the sterile seal on the case is broken.
Product Comparison:170122_Beeken_Monograph 7